Welcome to Mental Health America in Montgomery
OPERATION SANTA CLAUS ALERT!
It is my hope that each of you will share in Mental Health America in Montgomery's 59th Annual Operation Santa Claus by giving a Little JOY
and making a Big DIFFERENCE during the Holiday Season. I invite you to share your blessings with individuals who are walking with their illness and bravely facing life's challenges.
Honestly, we all have more than enough, so please take a moment to look inside YOUR HEART and join us in giving a gift of LOVE. In many situations, this gift may be the only gift received during Christmas. I kindly ask your support in actively participating in this year's Operation Santa Claus.
Wishing you Peace and Many Blessings!
Operation Santa Claus Co-Chair
Call Mental Health America in Montgomery, at 334-262-5500, for more information on how YOU can help bring smiling faces and happy faces to over 600 mentally ill adults in recovery this Holiday Season!
What We Do
"Mental health is essential to the development and realization of every
person's full potential. The purpose of Mental Health America in Montgomery is to develop a coordinated
citizen's volunteer movement to work toward ..."
1. CARE AND EMPOWERMENT OF CLIENTS
"... the improved care and treatment of persons with mental illness,
the empowerment of clients to improve and enhance the quality of their
- Friendship Club, 3 mornings per week, typical weekly attendance of 20-30
- Open Door Club, evening group, typical weekly attendance of 30-40
- Operation Santa Claus, Christmas gifts for 600 mentally ill
- Response to advocacy calls, referrals
2. EDUCATION AND PROMOTION OF MENTAL HEALTH
"... the public education and promotion of good mental health and early
intervention, and assessment of emotional and mental disorders that are
- Roundtable Discussion Series
- Annual conference, additional specialized conferences
- Pamphlets, 25 topics, thousands distributed
- Speaker's Bureau
- Library, open to the public
- Depression Screening, national project
3. ADVOCACY AND SERVICES DEVELOPMENT
"... the advocacy of education and research to promote mental wellness
and to benefit the mentally ill."
- Representation on state and local committees and boards to voice concerns
and interests of the mentally ill
- Legislative work at state and national level
- Historically helped establish numerous services for the mentally ill
- Currently working on Health Care Reform